New batch of pdp8 OMNIBUS to USB interface! Please Read and react!

Christian Corti cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Feb 14 03:48:26 CST 2017

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017, Philipp Hachtmann wrote:
> - the USB connector will be replaced by a mini (NOT micro!!) USB connector.

What's wrong with USB-B? I consider both Mini and Micro as not
mechanically reliable, i.e. I fear that the cable will unplug itself or
the mechanical strain will break the leads in the plug (I have too many
Mini and Micro cables that suffer from this) or rip off the SMD pins from
the copper traces (also very common in my experience). I don't want to
pull out a fully equipped pdp8 of the rack and open it just to reinsert
the cable. ;-)

Christian