need (physical) key for Sun SPARCserver 1000e

Jerry Kemp other at oryx.us
Wed Feb 8 18:23:40 CST 2017

On 02/ 8/17 06:11 PM, Bill Gunshannon wrote:

> Got a picture of it?

No, I do not.  I was literally just gifted with this less than 8 hours ago, and
I have what I have.  I even hit up several search engines and came up null.

> I found that old PS/2 keys work in PDP-11 and VAX boxes, might work in the
> SparcServer, too. (I don't remember any of the Sparcs att he Univerisity having
> keys but they were old and maybe Sun came up with a reason to add one.)

Its the old ones that have the physical keys.  The key position stuff is still
there in the new stuff, but it is all set via firmware.

The SPARCserver 1000/1000e is a 1992 vintage computer.

Jerry