RL02 version of UNIX6?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Feb 3 07:57:22 CST 2017

    > From: William Degnan

    > my focus has been on just getting an 11/40 hardware working

Rightly and properly so...

    > I suppose I should be happy with RT-11 given my circumstances.

Unix really is a significant improvement, we really need to make sure you can
run it. Don't worry about the OS image issue, I can crank them out like
sausages, and we already have all the bits we need (V6 RL driver, bootstrap,
etc).

    > It's not possible with the 3 over the back cables to put the 7238 on a
    > riser card to probe signals as easily.

Really? DEC specified BC08R-01 cables, which _should_ be long enough to allow
it to be put on an extender. Does your machine have the -01's, or have they
been replaced with little shorty ones?

If the latter, if you can't find any -01's, it should be possible to locate
some generic 40-pin cables, which should work (old IDE cables should work,
but not the new ones, which have a key that will prevent the connectors from
going in, in this application).

Also, it should not to be too hard to whip up some: the connectors and the
flat cable are pretty easy to find - although not the ground-plane backed
kind - do anyone know of a source for that? Anyway, the regular kind of flat
cable ought to work well enough for debugging.

	Noel