RL02 version of UNIX6?

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 15:12:46 CST 2017

>     > I'd like to get another M7891, mine is only 1/2 populated.
>
> Oh, so that must have been 64KW - 128KB. That will give you plenty of room
> for
> a decent-sized kernel, and user processes. Wonder why it won't boot, then?

It "boots" to the ! prompt at least there's that.

> Anyway, those are pretty rare. I have a couple of spare M7847's; they're
> only
> 32KB, but they'd help. You've got a couple of spare hex MUD slots now in
> the
> DD11-C, right? Speaking of which, where is the M7891 plugged in? It
> couldn't
> go in the DD11-B, or in the CPU backplane?

The half-populated M7891 is plugged into the DD11-CF, slot 3.  I am unsure
if one can put an M7891 into a slot that has no NPG jumper installed, so I
always use slot 3 for this card in the DD11-CF.   I would have to check, or
whether I can put this card into a DD11-B or a slot without the NPG
installed.

>     > typing anything kills the CPU and I have to restart the system..
>
> Sorry, need exact details: after the '!' prompt, anything you type kills
> the system on the first character? Or only "rlunix<CR>" does? How about
> "foobar<CR>"? I'd have to look at the bootstrap source, but I think
> typing a non-existing file name should take you back to the top-level
> prompt.

Typing *anything* kills the system.  When I type say rlunix or foobar or
whatever and hit enter, the prompt returns to the next line and the CPU
stops.  The system crashes, unresponsive, requiring restart from the front
panel.

Bill