EPROM baking

Curious Marc curiousmarc3 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 23:04:07 CST 2017

I see the same things. Some chips just won't reprogram. Symptoms include failure to program just like you, but also "chip backwards" errors. Can't remember the chip brands, I just toss them out when that happens. I have not found any way to resuscitate them. Maybe ~10% of the chips I tried had this, so rather frequent, but never any from new old stock. The failed ones were all previously programmed chips, just erased.
Marc