DEC indicator panel mounting details

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Dec 19 12:49:57 CST 2017

So, Dave and I are getting to the point where we're about to start mounting up
our indicator panels, but we're not sure what some of the mechanical details
(below) are.

Could someone who has one please take a look and let us know (or, even better,
send us photos)?

It appears that the bezel and inlay mount to the rack with the same kind of
'ball on post' (BoP) mounting things used for blank panels.

What we can't quite make out is how the Belenex light shield, and the circuit
board with the bulbs on it, mount to the rack. I suspect it's totally
independent from the mounting of the BoP mounting devices for the bezel/inlay,
but....

The one mechanical drawing we have (RF11 engineering drawings, pg. 186) does
have cross-sections, which confirm the board is mounted to the Benelex on
stand-offs, and that the Benelex is somehow thrust up into the bezel, but
exactly how the Benelex is mounted is not clear to me. The mention of a "Mtg
Bkt Benelex" suggests that's mounted to the rack with brackets, but...

Help!? Thanks (hopefully :-)!

       Noel