RX02 Difficulties

Jerry Weiss jsw at ieee.org
Sat Dec 16 15:21:05 CST 2017

 Glad to hear that you cleared that up.

For the other floppies.

1)  DUMP/TERM/RAD50/END:0 DY1:
     If you share the listing that will give us some hints as to the OS on the floppies.

2) DIR/BAD DY1:
    will do a bad block scan to see if can read all of the blocks on the media.  It
    does not require an RT11 directory, despite the command name.  It uses
    the utility DUP.SAV with the K option, not DIR.SAV  You will hear the floppy
    reset if it sees a bad spot as it attempts a retry.  The number of retries
    is configurable via a SET command.

    For files with an RT11 Directory, DIR/BAD/FILES will include the file name
    of files affected by unreadable blocks.

You can do the same with the RL02 Drives.

Jerry