Looking for AMP / TE coaxial connectors - Memorex 651 drive

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 14:37:55 CST 2017

> It  is from the AMP M series connector family used in the data cable for
> the IBM 2311/2314 and PCM equivalents including double density like the ISS
> 715 (RP03?).  So some of the parts strippers should have lots.

What parts strippers is this? Did these drives use coax connectors as well?
If someone see a used M-series with coax connector please save it! I am
very interested in used parts as well.

> Using coax at the FDD data rate was overkill so unless you want to
> preserve the connector for historical purposes u should be able to push out
> and then remove the pins and connect the wires to whatever connector suits
> u - flat cable connector for the control signal cable and whatever works
> for the three coaxes  (coax to twisted pair should work).

I don't want to replace the current connector since the mating connector in
the drive controller needs it. I just want something proper if possible to
use when dumping the disks. But I don't want to spend a fortune of course.
If not possible I simply solder wires to the relevant points on the drive
circuit board.

> Tom

/Mattis