OT: Argh--my old faithful HP16C is failing!

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Dec 6 16:11:16 CST 2017

On 12/06/2017 01:22 PM, Paul Berger via cctalk wrote:
> I just looked back at the archives of the hpmuseum.org site and the
> donor 12C that the display came from for the 16C I repaired for another
> MoHPC member had a serial number that began with 2224A and was the
> version with the innards wrapped in black plastic like your 16C.

My lovely wife remembered that she had a 12C when she was taking some
accounting classes (part of an unused Master of Public Administration
degree she has).  We found it--still in its old box, serial number
2316A...   We're in business.

Now, how does one remove the display from one board and transplant it
the other?  Is it as simple as bending back the LCD frame tabs?

Thanks,
Chuck