Looking for PDP-8 G603 "Memory Selector Matrix" boards (or dec T-2052 transformers)

Vincent Slyngstad v.slyngstad at frontier.com
Thu Apr 13 17:36:17 CDT 2017

> I realize it's a long shot, but does anyone have:

> - Any spare T-2052s (or know of a source)
> - Any idea what the T-2052 *was* so I can try to replace them.  I haven't
> found much detail as of yet.

Good news on this front!

I had previously obtained a data sheet for the T2037, a similar transformer.

I extracted 4 each T2037 and T2052 from a broken G228, and today I was
able to get measurements off of them:

T2037:
A: 230uH, 170 mohm primary, 42.9uH 100 mohm secondary
B: 220/170, 41.6/100
C: 232/170, 43.8/60
D: 231/170, 43/80

These are consistent with 16 turns and 7 turns of #33 wire, wound on
an FT37-77 toroid per the instructions on the data sheet, and also with
the 220 uH /43 uH 20% specs that appear there.

Here are the T2052 measurements: