RTX-2000 processor PC/AT add-in card (any takers?)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Tue Apr 11 18:53:12 CDT 2017

Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote on Tue, 11 Apr 2017 09:37:27 -0700
> On 04/10/2017 02:23 PM, Eric Smith wrote:
>
> > When the 432 project (originally 8800) started, there weren't many
> > people predicting that C (and its derivatives) would take over the world.
>
> That's the danger of a too-aggressive CISC, isn't it?  I suppose that
> it's safe to say that if you look under the hood of any modern CPU,
> there's a RISC machine in there somewhere.

I consider the heart of any modern high performance CPU to be a dataflow
architecture (described as an 	"out of order execution engine") with a
hardware to translate the macrocode (CISC or RISC) to the dataflow graph
and tokens on the fly.

-- Jecel