Is anyone making replacement clear labels for DEC gear?

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Thu Sep 29 02:05:05 CDT 2016

Hi Ethan,

On my 11/45, the big power supply regulator stickers on the back of the CPU cabinet were also badly damaged.  As part of my restore, I went to some effort to make suitable replacements.  The originals were white on clear.

I found that stickeryou.com did a nice job with white on clear (look under their “Clear Stickers” category).  It’s a little pricey at $18 for a single page, but the two big power supply stickers I needed were most of a page so I went for it, and was pleased with the results.  I’ll put a pic of this up on my blog soon in case others are interested in how this turned out.

I would still like to replace the exact sticker you linked to below, but couldn’t justify a whole page to get just that one small sticker…. Please let me know if you would like to put together a full page of various smaller stickers and split the cost, though!

A black on white vinyl process would probably also look okay for some of the smaller stickers, I think, if you could get a laser print with a suitably dense and uniform black field.  Interested in hearing if some of the other restorers here have different/better suggestions for this.

For the smallest stickers in my restore (connector/plug labels where I was not particularly concerned with matching artwork/fonts) I have been using a Brother P-touch labeler with black-on-clear and white-on-black tape cartridges.

	cheers,
	   —FritzM.