UMR computer photos

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Mon Sep 26 05:26:12 CDT 2016

Not the GE 200 I am used to!   what  did it have  for a  console?
Ed#  _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 9/26/2016 3:21:41 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
jwsmail at jwsss.com writes:

I was  looking thru one of the yearbooks from my time at University of
Missouri,  Rolla.  I found what I think is a photo of a GE-200.  I
"liberated" this system or one of them to a lab I had, when they were
mothballed, and I could swear that is what the systems were.

If  anyone recognizes them, let me know.  This is the first hint of any
sort as to what I had.  And my memory could be wrong.  The  square
indicator and switch style is very much like what I recall for this
particular system.

I had gotten handed a couple of very heavy trays  of Lambda power
supplies which clearly were for some purpose due to how  they were
mounted.  I later found the system I think was a GE-200  neglected in a
stockroom in the EE building and recognized that the  interconnnect would
fit the power supply trays I had.

The system  was transistorized, not IC I might add.  That was why it took
4 or 5  large Lambda supplies.  Luckily we had not broken the supply tray
up  and i was able to play with it.

The other thing i think might be of  interest are several photos of an
analog computer that the EE dept  had.  I know there was another much
larger system in the Physics  department as well, and maybe I'll luck out
and find a photo of it  later.

Oh, and the blond at the keypunch.  I might add that she is  probably
retired  now.
thanks
Jim

http://s1101.photobucket.com/user/jws1971/library/UMR%20computer%20photos