G4 cube (was Re: 68K Macs with MacOS 7.5 still in production use...)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Sep 13 18:11:39 CDT 2016

On 09/13/2016 03:13 PM, Al Kossow wrote:

> Like you said, a lot of sunk costs for very few sales.

Around 1984, we leased a VAX 11/750 running BSD with the understanding
from the lessor that the desired configuration was to support HASP via a
Bell 209 modem and leased-line.

We got the leased line, the modem connected fine, but the promised BSD
software didn't work.  Berkeley Systems was called in and they couldn't
get it to work either.

Eventually, I think we just hooked up a 5160 with the necessary support.

--Chuck