G4 cube (was Re: 68K Macs with MacOS 7.5 still in production use...)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Sep 13 13:58:11 CDT 2016

On 09/13/2016 11:12 AM, Liam Proven wrote:

> OK, but are we talking MacOS or Mac OS X here?

As I said, Mac OS 9.2.  I'm not interested for my G3 to talk to other
Macs--the only other one here is a Performa 6100 running OS 7.mumble.

> That's why MachTen and so on existed -- to make classic Mac boxes
> serve up all that weird Unix Internet type stuff. Making 'em /clients/
> to it was a bit easier.

But isn't that typical of the Apple Way?  Right from the start, there
were tools and hardware for the 5150 to talk to the rest of the world.
Apple just kept to their own little community--or did I miss the
announcement of SDLC/SNA support for Mac?

--Chuck