G4 cube (was Re: 68K Macs with MacOS 7.5 still in production use...)

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Sep 13 13:24:09 CDT 2016

> But what I originally stated still holds.   Perhaps you don't have
> plain-text ftp and telnet, but you have the ssh equivalents,

There is no ssh equivalent to telnet (the command).  It sounds to me as
though you are thinking of telnet, the command, as nothing but an
interface to telnet, the remote login protocol.  That is far from its
only use; indeed, these days, that isn't much of a use at all.  I can't
recall the last time I saw a machine running a telnet daemon even on an
isolated intranet.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org