11/04

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 07:48:25 CDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 1:26 AM, Paul Anderson <useddec at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ethan,
>
> If you are going to VCF and I go, I'll Try to throw a MS11-JP in the van
> for you.

Hi, Paul,

I am going.

> It's yours for bugging the guy with the H960s one more time.

I'll give him a shout.  I won't be able to fit in a visit before I hop
in the car at the end of the week, but I can try to reach him.

> That should save you some chip chasing time.

It could.  I do have multiple MS11-LD boards, but one per PDP-11/34
boardset, so I don't mind testing with them, I really do want a
dedicated board to stay with the 11/04.  It seems from the behavior
that it's not a RAM fault so much as a demux fault or even something
wrong in the CPU (bad 74181) or, given the dual symptoms, faults in
both.  Jason Timmons has promised me a DD11-PK if we can find it at
his house, then I could switch to testing with PDP-11/34 boards, and I
have multiple sets of those, all untested.  My BA11-L has the larger
power supply, so it should be no problem to test the FP11-A I found,
once I am confident of the rest of the machine.

-ethan