SWTPC 6800 weirdness

Brad H vintagecomputer at bettercomputing.net
Tue Sep 6 21:29:14 CDT 2016

I don't have the right caps to try with the MP-M so I'll have to wait.  But I did try again setting my DRC boards to A000.  And when the machine is turned on, it does respond, but it just produces garbage characters on the terminal.   Sometimes, two, sometimes three, or a whole line of them.

I thought ok, maybe it's time to get back to basics and return this thing to stock form.  However, I noticed the CPU board has *also* been altered.  There is a second crystal on it next to the original and a 740LS00 piggybacked on top of another chip.  Oy!  Not sure what's going to happen if I try to put the rest of it back to stock.