vt100 terminfo with padding for an actual vt100?

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Tue Sep 6 20:00:33 CDT 2016

> > > Interesting. I've been trying to get a WiFi device for the Commodore
> > > 8-bits working consistently in 9600 bps mode, and have just been
> > > assuming the garbage characters I get when I receive a screenful of text
> > > all at once were due to buffer overruns. The garbage characters there
> > > look like actual garbage, not like partial CSIs like [3;1m or whatever.
> >
> > Unless you're using an ACIA cartridge, 9600bps on the C128 is problematic,
> > and impossible on the C64.
>
> Not quite; someone named Daniel Dallmann found a way to do it on the
> user port, on both 64 and 128 (in the 1990s, I think). It's commonly
> called "UP9600".

Ah, yes. I vaguely remember that. I remember it being tricky, too. Life
is a lot easier with a Turbo232 or equivalent ...

> But I find that I never get it to work
> non-problematically except when I use that one terminal emulator using
> the C128's VDC for display.

I would imagine 2MHz mode certainly makes a difference here. I don't know if
NovaTerm runs the 8502 at that speed, but I would be surprised if it didn't.

-- I may be underpaid, but I underwork just to make it even. ------------------