Looking for info on a CAMAC <other odd DEC boards> <ebay warning>

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Mon Oct 31 19:41:50 CDT 2016

On 10/31/2016 5:22 PM, Brian Marstella wrote:
> Pete,
>
> <snip>
> Regards, Brian.
>
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Pete Lancashire <pete at petelancashire.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Over the years I've played around with a few old CAMAC (*) modules, by
>> today's standard they pretty much have zero value, anyway that's another
>> story. Recently
>> I've been offered a CAMAC to Unibus board.
<snip>
I might mention there are some Tektronix to DEC boards, maybe Unibus on
ebay if anyone has specialized Tek hardware that could be run by DEC.

I don't know any more than that, but am curious if anyone has any ideas
about what devices Tektronix had with DEC PDP11s integrated in.

When I was first in school, there was a large system with what I'd guess
was a larger PDP11 system (we had PDP 11/05 demos on another track to
give time frame, 71-72).

The system Tektronix had was essentially what we'd call a sampling scope
now with an elaborate tube to digitize samples, and the PDP 11 analyzing
them.  Don't think it was ever a product, but it was massive, several
bays.  Out local EE and IEEE groups arranged for the demo to stop at our
school.

I believe there were FlipChip type boards listed, but am not seeing them
right now.  Boards below are clearly not for DEC boxes.

thanks
Jim

Tektronix-P1B-R1340-TO-PDP-11-670-3317-02-SA3841-00-Multi-Interrupt-Interface-/
http://www.ebay.com/itm/282002158488

Lot-of-3-Tektronix-670-3317-02-P3B-R1340-TO-PDP-11-670-3263-03-Multi-Interrup-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/351702173881