For sale 128K Core RAM Industrial PDP 11/40 Massbus System

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 09:48:44 CDT 2016

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 6:24 PM, allison <ajp166 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Depends on the version of unix.  V6 runs fine on a non-I&D machine
> as well 2.11.
>
> Later versions like 2.9 and V7 do want I&D.

2.11 is later than 2.9.  It's "two point eleven" not "two point one pause one"

I beefed up my 11/24 30 years ago to run 2.9BSD (added KT24 and 2MB of
RAM - spent almost $1000).  I have few machines with Split I&D so I
mostly dabble in 2.9.  Good to know about V6 vs V7.  Haven't played
with those yet so I'll be sure to look into the differences before
getting started.

One of the great recent updates was backporting the MSCP driver from
2.11 to 2.9.  That opens up KDF11 MicroPDP-11s to running 2.9 with an
RQDX3.  Prior to that availability, one needed an RLV12 or other Qbus
disk controller for that platform.

-ethan