Sage II

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 16:08:18 CDT 2016

On Oct 29, 2016 4:53 PM, "Fred Cisin" <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Oct 2016, tony duell wrote:
>>
>> As you have the machine, and it boots, check the DIP switch settings.
One of the switches is used to indicate if the boot drive is 40 or 80
cylinder.

> and the model number(s) of the drives will enable looking up hints as the
specs (although some TM100-4M (100tpi) drives were labelled "TM100-4"
(96tpi)).  Some of my drives ended up with labels on the faceplates.

> For CP/M 2.x, CP/M-68K run  STAT DSK:
> For CP/M 3.0/"PLUS" IIRC,   SHOW DRIVE
> That'll give you some hints of the drive and parameters.

Of course, but I just wanted to do this guy a favor and image the disks, I
did not want to set up my system and get all into it and whether I have 80
or 40 track drives, and what image disk settings to use..busy week.