Unibus disk controller with modern storage

Jon Elson jonelson126 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:44:09 CDT 2016

On 10/19/2016 07:23 PM, Eric Smith wrote:
> I prefer NOT to use ENIG, as I find HASL tin-lead better for hand
> assembly, though the lead is a problem due to RoHS regulations in much
> of the world (but not in USA). I haven't tried HASL lead-free.
I did **ONE** board with some kind of gold flash that a PCB house
recommended.
If the solder on the board didn't flow, it was a colossal disaster. You
had to lift the pin, scrape the black crud down to bare copper and
re-tin, then solder the lead back down.

Since then, I have used pure tin HASL, and had little trouble.

Jon