Stanford Computers

wmachacek wmachacek at q.com
Thu Oct 20 13:18:12 CDT 2016

Does anyone on this list have any information on Stanford Computers?  I have
2 of them that I saved from being recycled many years ago.  I have finally
gotten around to looking at them more closely.  I have a model “640” and a
model “XT-10”.  The 640 has 2 – 5 ¼” floppy drives plus a Conner CP-344,
42MB HD (the HD may have been a later add-on to the original configuration).
The XT-10 has 1 – 5 ¼” floppy drive and a NEC D5186, 25MB HD.  I could not
see a name on the MB in the 640, but the name “80 Data” was on the XT-10 MB.
I believe these to be from the mid to late ‘80s time frame.  They both have
the 9 DB pin video connectors.  The XT-10 has an EGA Graphics card, I could
not tell what kind of card is in the 640.  I am being very reluctant to
start pulling cards on a machine this old for fear of breaking something.
The ribbon cable seemed somewhat brittle on the 640.  Can ribbon cables
break due to age?  If anyone has any information on these systems, I would
appreciate hearing from you.  I believe this company was in the bay area
somewhere.  With the name Stanford Computer, that seems very likely.  Thanks
for any information you can give me.  I am in Colo. Springs.

Bill Machacek