Reasonable price for a complete SOL-20 system?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sun Oct 16 17:41:19 CDT 2016

On Sun, 16 Oct 2016, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> Fred, you're forgetting the "People's World Computer", out of Berkeley,
> I believe.  Wood case complete with brass plaque.  I had a chance years
> ago to get one and I passed it up.
> I still have the boot disk, however.

Don't know that one.

There was also "Community Memory" (Lee Felsenstein), which had a coin-op
wood housed terminal, but the computer that it communicated with wasn't
wood.

There were a LOT of tiny computer companies that got started in Berkeley,
such as "Thinker Toys" (Morrow) and "Kentucky Fried Computers"
(Northstar).  Once they started to grow, they moved out of Berkeley as
fast as they could.
(My business never grew that much)