SCSI Tape Emulator

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 20:45:16 CDT 2016

On 10/10/16 6:19 PM, Chris Hanson wrote:

> On Oct 10, 2016, at 6:11 PM, Josh Dersch <derschjo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On 10/10/16 5:40 PM, Charles Anthony wrote:

For *any* particular use?  No -- I wouldn't put it it to use in a
datacenter :).  I have, however, used it on a wide variety of machines.
Right now I have them in a Sun 3/60, a VAX-11/750, a VaxStation 3540, an
AT&T 3B2/600 and a Symbolics XL1200 where they work flawlessly.  There
are certainly vintage machines where the SCSI2SD V4 would be noticeably
slower than a real drive, but many vintage machines are simply not fast
enough to come close to the peak throughput of the SCSI2SD.

- Josh