DEC M9312 Configs for a 11/40

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 12:10:19 CST 2016

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 12:50 PM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
wrote:

>     > From: William Degnan
>
>     > hit LOAD ADDR
>     > address light 16 comes on, RUN/PROC/BUS/CONSOLE lights stay on.
>
> According to the KD11-A manual (pg. 3-2) the address lights on the console
> are driven directly from the CPU's Bus Address Register. So you've got an
> issue there.

Thanks for finding that for me.

>     > If I hit START light 16 turns off.
>
> So it's not wedged on in the CPU. Maybe a console switch issue, then?

A DC LO has crept up, I can't take this any further until I fix that
issue.  Not sure if it's the M7231 or a power supply component yet.  I am
about ready to throw this thing out the window :-)   .... if it would fit.

The problem with address 16 may have been related to the failure that
ultimately lead to the DC LO (-0.22 V) value.  It wasn't an issue until
yesterday afternoon.