Fan deal?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Nov 23 20:35:14 CST 2016

On 11/23/2016 01:57 PM, Al Kossow wrote:
> "noise 48dB, speed 5000 RPM"
>
> Don't be in the same room with these for long
>
> Papst is a good brand, though.
>
> Weird Stuff had some 6" metal 110v ones for $10/ea so I bought a
> bunch to replace all the sleeve bearing ones that have been seizing
> up in my tape oven.

Hmmm--in my oven there's a low-speed 6" blade type fan that merely
serves to keep the air moving.  It's a sealed insulated box heated by a
single 75W incandescent bulb.  With a PID controller, the temperature is
very, very stable and you can't hear the thing in operation in most
environments.

--Chuck