Free IBM system/1(?) in eastern US.

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 12:09:21 CST 2016

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 12:11 PM, Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 2:31 AM, Guy Sotomayor Jr <ggs at shiresoft.com>
> wrote:
> > The IBM Series/1 was introduced in 1976 and withdrawn in 1988.  There
> were
> > originally 2 models and another 2 models were added later...
>
> ISTR having to mod our 3780 COMBOARD code to talk to a Series/1 in
> about 1992 or so because someone in WI bought our VAXBI COMBOARD to
> send EDI purchase reqs to a vendor network run by IBM and the device
> on the other end of our customer's modem was a Series/1 that didn't
> quite exactly implement 3780 like all the IBM products before it.
>
> -ethan

Whomever gets this, I donated my Series/1 to the VCFed Museum in Wall NJ,
and if you want to check it out for comparison purposes, I would be happy
to help set up an appointment to inspect it.  Also, I have some notes about
the system I had, which is very similar to the Series/1 on craigslist.  I
was able to IPL it, but did not do much else.

http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=12
http://www.vintagecomputer.net/ibm/Series1/
http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=206

Bill