SPRAGUE capacitor for Tektronix 4051.

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 22:10:59 CST 2016

"Note the "tube audio" folks gravitate to that stuff and tend to cause
seriously sick prices, because tubes."

Ahem.. First off.. if it weren't for the large number of vintage (tube)
audio folks, these parts would most likely be even +more+ expensive than
they already are, if they were even available at all. Economy of scale
looms large over such products.

Secondly, I'd challenge you to take a fair look at the pricing of Mallory
FP-type parts from the classic era - when corrected for inflation, the
pricing of modern production is comparable with the pricing of that period.
These quality multi-section caps were never cheap items - and again,
consider the vast difference in production scale then and now, when
comparing economy.

FYI - I've installed dozens of the new-production CE / Mallory caps, all of
them in the 350-525V range. Zero complaints, zero comebacks, in as long as
I've installed them. For those of us in that field, they're like a gift
from the gods.