SPRAGUE capacitor for Tektronix 4051.

allison ajp166 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 15 14:44:04 CST 2016

On 11/15/16 2:37 PM, Curious Marc wrote:
> Great link! That's a great middle ground - preserves the look without having to find the original cap.
> Marc
>
>> On Nov 15, 2016, at 11:15 AM, Mattis Lind <mattislind at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> One of the DC filter capacitors has gone open circuit in my Tektronix 4051.
>> It is a SPRAGUE 9600 uF - 30VDC with a little bit unusual foot print.
>>
>> It might be common for other Tek equipment.
>>
>> Google turned up one Ebay-hit for a completed auction but that's it.
>>
>> Anyone has a reliable source for this type of capacitor:
>>
>> http://i.imgur.com/P0Nz5KW.jpg

You might look here.
https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/capacitors?filters=Type%3DMulti-Section%20/%20Can%20Type
Note the "tube audio" folks gravitate to that stuff and tend to cause
seriously sick prices, because tubes.

For authentic look:
The easy way is remove the old carefully, gut it and install inside
several smaller modern electrolytics
of the proper ratings.  Reinstall using the bottom bakelite terminal cap
and go your merry way.

Make it work again:
Pull the old out and replace with multiple smaller modern parts and move on.

Allison