SPRAGUE capacitor for Tektronix 4051.

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 14:29:01 CST 2016

tisdag 15 november 2016 skrev Kyle Owen <kylevowen at gmail.com>:

> A lot of antique radio restorers prefer to cut open the can near the base,
> remove the innards, and replace it with a modern (much smaller) capacitor.
> Gluing it back together and polishing it up can make it look pretty close
> to original.
>
> Here's a pretty good write-up:
> http://www.faultlineaudio.net/the-work-bench/2013/1/15/
> restuffing-a-multi-section-can-capacitor.html

This was a really good description on how to do it. I will look into this
method unless I find something else.

I maybe wasn't clear on that I already replaced the cap with a few simple
leaded types. It was not such a good fit mechanically so although I am not
fanatic of preserving the innards of the machine it would very good to have
cap with the original type of pin layout.

/Mattis