Epson MX-80 Technical Manual?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Nov 10 00:24:18 CST 2016

On 11/09/2016 09:36 PM, Tony Duell wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 5:31 AM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Was a Dataproducts interface ever offered for the MX-80? Back in
>> the day, it was almost as popular as Centronics on mid-sized
>> systems.
>
> Was that the one that was fairly similar to Centronics but with some
> signals inverted?

Yes--and IIRC, it used a 50-conductor connection as well.  We had some
big CDC OEM line printers in the mid 1980s that could be configured for
either interface.  Before that, in about 1975 we had a Diablo dot-matrix
printer (a strange, very loud beast) that used the DP interface.   (ISTR
that it also used three Rockwell PPS-8s).  Memory grows dim with each
passing year.

--Chuck