Mac SE NVRAM battery removal

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Mon Nov 7 11:56:55 CST 2016

There's nothing stored in the Parameter RAM that won't be restored to a default state by the OS on boot.

Macs generally won't boot without a PRAM battery though, so if you're storing your systems without one, you'll need to replace the battery before use.

You might want to run some wire for a socket out of the case if you're going to do that regularly, since it can be a pain to get in there on many models―and not just on compact Macs, either, though they're obviously tough.

  -- Chris

Sent from my iPad