WTB several IMSAI-8080 ON-OFF-ON momentary switches

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 19:10:55 CDT 2016

On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 4:41 AM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
> On 11/04/2016 11:17 PM, drlegendre . wrote:
>> Am I correct that the Altair 8800(A/B) also uses those type of
>> switch?
>>
>> If so, I need one or two as well.. my own, lone 8800 isn't quite what
>> it could be, IIRC. Had to sub switches.
>
> Not exactly--momentary, yes, but clearly not the paddle switches used on
> the IMSAI.   Fortunately, PCB-mount toggle switches are quite a bit
> easier to locate.
>
> I'd probably start here:
>
> http://www.ckswitches.com/product-selection/toggle/
>
> if I were looking for a replacement.
>
> --Chuck

I need those too - some of my Altair switches have the handles
physically broken... in fact pretty much ALL the large switches (the
bottom row for run/deposit/exam/reset etc.) are ropey in one way or
another and need replacing (the smaller data/address switches are
fine). If anyone tracks down the correct type of switch please post a
link here! Or if you have any for sale shoot me an email.

Thanks

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'