Altair, IMSAI, SWTPC, etc. for sale in Philly

allison ajp166 at verizon.net
Fri Nov 4 17:50:17 CDT 2016

That is from the first 2000 to 5000 units its a 8800 no suffix the
ribbon is either A or Bsuffix and
a different CPU board (uses 8224).

The orange is rosin flux that was not cleaned.   Isopropanol would clean
that but it was built as a
kit (the K suffux on the serial number tag).  Its better to leave it
that way.  Authentic, never cleaned
mine either.

The PS looks to be the original version or the first update (higher
voltage transformer).

I'd expect power supply problems, suspect one-shots (front panel and CPU
clock) and
bus level noise issues.  Assuming the switches are still good.

Allison