Looking for info on a CAMAC module - Kinetic 3912 Unibus Crate Controller

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Wed Nov 2 20:23:35 CDT 2016

On 11/02/2016 12:53 PM, Pete Lancashire wrote:
> In a past life I did quite a few Test & Measurement setups, started with
> dedicated I/O, then added GPIB, and later VXI
> Always enjoyed the challenge of automating stimulus and measurement.
>
> In the mid 90s I helped add GPIB to a NIM & CAMAC setup. But never got to
> really play with any of the instruments.
>
> For 'fun' I want to setup and NIM Bin and CAMAC Crate and since my days of
> connecting to a computer started with a PDP-11. But unless a Unibus box
> shows up that's for another rainy season.
>
> Anyone with a NIM Bin or CAMAC Create they don't want and is near Portland
> Oregon (due to weight and size) ?
>
> On another vector, it is sad to see that there is not a 'bitsavers' for NIM
> & CAMAC.

This gear DOES turn up frequently on eBay for reasonable
prices.  We supply our lab's needs for replacement bins and
crates that way.  I used to build CAMAC modules for nuclear
research as a business.  I made my own crate and crate
controller for module testing.  It was just the backplane,
no card slots, which was fine to have access to probe the
boards.

Jon