Unknown DEC indicator panel

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Nov 2 07:58:15 CDT 2016

    > From: Steven Malikoff

    > I have been looking but not yet found a picture of the DEC-trimmed RC11
    > ... If anyone could point me to a photo of the RC11/RS64 DECdisk panel
    > to be honest I don't know if it even had one?

I'm not sure it did. The list of available inserts (in the Indicator Panel
Assembly drawings, available in the RF11 prints, pp. 186-190) doesn't list an
RC11 insert, and that list does include the RF11, which is a later controller
than the RC11.

I tried looking online for RC11 engineering drawings, to see if it included
an indicator panel connector (the way the RK11-C does), but I could not find
_anything_ substantial about the RC11 online.

    > From: Jon Elson

    > These look VERY posed, so don't be sure ANYTHING in the picture was a
    > fully working system.

Yeah, I'd come to that conclusion...

    > If those panels look like something off a KA10 controller

Well, I'm not sure. Most PDP-10 gear had rows of 36 lights, which is the full
width of these 19" indicator panels (i.e. every light in a row - like the top
row of the RP11 panel, see the page for an image), and I don't see that in
this one. But I suppose I should try and round up images of 19" x 5-1/4"
PDP-10 panels, too (ISTR that there are a few).

	Noel