Xerox Star install floppies

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Mon May 30 11:42:00 CDT 2016

On 5/30/16 7:54 AM, Al Kossow wrote:
> there is not a full set. Bear and I are trying to put one together from what he got and
> what exists from other sources

Specifically, if someone should come across this message in the future, as of May, 2016, there is no generally
available full copy of 8010 Viewpoint versions 1 or 2.

Copies of the original Star OS 5.0 and 5.2 exist, as well as
copies of Viewpoint 1 and 2 for the 6085. It should be possible to reconstruct 8010 Viewpoint from the
6085 disks, if the 8010 unique parts of the OS (Pilot) can be found. Some of this may be in the development
environment (XDE) disks for the 8010. I've sent some messages out to people who may have copies, but I've
not heard anything back.

I think CHM was in the middle of moving everything offsite for the exhibit construction in 2009, so I had
my mind on dealing with that. Normally, I'm really careful in trying to reconstruct the software history of
the D-machines.