TU58 yet one more time.

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sun May 29 14:00:17 CDT 2016

On 5/29/16 11:34 AM, Mark J. Blair wrote:
> My first attempt to use silicone tubing to repair my TU58 rollers was also unsuccessful. Maybe the material I used is too soft? Your experience suggests to me that I should hook up an oscilloscope to measure bit timing, and then adjust the roller composition and diameter to arrive close to the correct bit length.

dug this up from the cctlk archive

--

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23485
It just says "norprene A-60-F" the outside.  It measures 3/8" I.D.

I think other's have said 7/16" i.d., but I could not find that.  I know I bought it from US Plastics and it's A-60-F.
You have to buy 10' but its not very expensive.

-brad