Mystery IBM processor

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Sat May 28 05:50:50 CDT 2016

On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 5:51 AM,  <malcolm at avitech.com.au> wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone can help us to identify a rather large IBM
> processor assembly. It weighs around 60 pounds.
>
> The frame has a P/N of 34F5089. The frame houses 9 modules, 6 of which are
> installed. The module we removed for inspection has a P/N of 34F0615.

If you opened up one of the modules it would look like this... bunch
of ECL chips with copper heatsinks conducting heat to the outer alloy
casing where the water cooling manifolds would be bolted on. And all
that internal cavity with chips and heatsinks was filled with a...
sticky goopy fluid to aid in heat conduction. Power consumption...
enormous!!

http://wp.xin.at/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/mcm.jpg

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'