Early 360 machines (Was: Front panel switches - what did they do?)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed May 25 19:46:36 CDT 2016

On 05/25/2016 05:17 PM, Paul Berger wrote:

> The train printers where amazing technology but what often killed
> the trains was an operator who neglected to top off the oil
> reservoir, if the train went dry they would literally screech to a
> halt.   It was always interesting when someone put a carriage control
> tape on backwards or didn't lower the brushes, the first skip would
> empty the box and the paper would be all packed up under the cover.

The CE's nightmare for the 512 was a ribbon that started to disintegrate
and become lodged in the train.  As I've witnessed, it involves a
container of solvent and a brush and completely disassembly of the
train, scrubbing each type slug carefully, the putting the whole mess
back together.  Can you say "dirty filthy frustrating work?"

--Chuck