'Inside Macintosh' books

Sean Caron scaron at diablonet.net
Wed May 18 12:13:03 CDT 2016

On Wed, 18 May 2016, Alexandre Souza wrote:

> Ue...I have the 4 volume collection...is there another one?!
>
> Enviado do meu Tele-Movel
> Em 18/05/2016 12:29, "tony duell" <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> escreveu:
>
>> Still unpacking after a house move 18 months ago... I have found just over
>> a dozen volumes of Inside Macintosh.
>>
>> Since programing is not my thing, and I am not into the Macintosh, I don't
>> really need them. Does anyone want them? Tbey are free, but would have to
>> be collected from me in SE London (near Bromley, easy to get to from the
>> M25).
>>
>> I can make a list of titles if there is any interest.
>>
>> -tony

There were two printings of Inside Macintosh; the original printing was, I
believe, a six or seven-volume set over time ... Subsequent to the release
of System 7, they re-wrote and re-printed Inside Macintosh and it ended up
split across a much wider number of volumes that were organized more on a
functional, rather than chronological, basis.

IMO, the earlier printing of Inside Macintosh is both more readable and is
also of greater historical interest. I had a number of books myself out of
the second printing and I got rid of them some years ago, only to later go
and re-purchase a complete set of the first printing to archive ;)

Best,

Sean