COSMAC ELF switch panel v2

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Thu May 12 21:58:35 CDT 2016

I just got the new boards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22368471@N04/albums/72157668325096875

Differences of new version:

* bezel is black with white legends
* legend font is a bit larger and heavier
* legends are above switches
* switch PCB wiring errors fixed
* right angle header
* plastic caps installed on all toggles

I assembled the new one with C&K switches that are more readily
available (e.g., from Digi-Key and Mouser), but I don't like them as
much. Originally I used switches with a V-bracket which makes
alignment and assembly easier, and they have a uniform threaded
bushing height. The more common toggle switches have a longer threaded
bushing. This can be seen by comparing the edge-on views; for the more
common switches without the V-bracket, the red switch body is seen.

I'm soliciting input as to whether the switch legends should be
changed from the vector font to a "real" font, and if so, what font
and size is desired.