AW: When did Memory- and IO Protection Emerge (Esp. in Minis)?

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Thu May 5 03:15:35 CDT 2016

I thought we were talking Mini Computers. The Ferranti/Manchester Atlas had
virtual memory of a sort which provided protection, and indeed IBM bought
the Virtual Memory patents from Manchester University. I gather the PDP/11
received Memory Mapping boards early in its life, didn't these offer some
protection?

Dave

<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
> Subject: Re: AW: When did Memory- and IO Protection Emerge (Esp. in