Titlers, Switchers, Paintboxes, Paint Apps and Old Broadcast Equipment

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Tue May 3 20:13:21 CDT 2016

Several of my friends worked on Intelligent Resources’ Video Explorer NuBus card, which could do realtime video capture and manipulation because it had some sort of video processing and switching chip on the card. It also had an open bus that could be used to connect multiple video-related cards together so they could bypass NuBus for sharing data. (NuBus is only 10-40 MB/sec.)

I think AnimEigo was using a subtitling system built atop Video Explorer cards right up until the switch to DVDs.

  -- Chris