UNIBUS/QBUS interface chips Was: Re: MEM11 update

Brian Walenz thebri at gmail.com
Mon May 2 13:07:36 CDT 2016

I did a bit of searching in the fall for an 8881 (to fix a busted HALT
instruction on a PDP8a).  I concluded the 7439 is a pin-for-pin replacement
- I can't claim all credit for this, it's probably known by a few people
here.  My notes say the 8881 will handle 30mA loads.  The 7401 will handle
16mA, while the 7439 will handle 80mA.

Cheers!