11/23+ going cheap on eBay

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 12:09:52 CDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 6:07 AM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
> So here's an 11/23+ in a nice BA11 box:
>
>   http://www.ebay.com/itm/322046582015
>
> If I wasn't _already_ knee deep in the blasted things, I'd buy it myself! ;-)
>
> The other cards aren't too interesting - an MXV11-A, MRV11-C (I think), a 64KB
> memory card, and what looks like an off-brand DLV11-J; and some sort of disk.
>
> Still, not a bad price (so far) for the CPU, box, and a handfull of boards.

Now up to $380. How high will it go?

Are there docs and drivers available for the DTC-11-2?

There is a manual for the DTC-11-1 here:
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dtc/DTC11-1.pdf

If the DTC-11-2 has the same programming interface the driver has to
build SCSI CDBs which the controller sends to the device so it
wouldn't be compatible with any standard DEC storage interfaces.

If the SCSI drive included with this item listing isn't bootable into
some OS and doesn't contain a driver for the DTC-11-2 the DTC-11-2
might not be of too much use for the average buyer.