AT&T Uverse IPv6 vs. Mac OS X 10.6

Tapley, Mark mtapley at swri.edu
Sun Mar 27 23:36:37 CDT 2016

On Mar 26, 2016, at 5:19 PM, Jerry Kemp <other at oryx.us> wrote:

> Just curious if something specifically is broken or non-fixable with the 10.6.8 IPv6 stack?
>
> I'm specifically wondering if you did any troubleshooting to resolve this?  Or if just disabling IPv6 was the quick'n'dirty answer?

I’m pretty helpless with networking, so I can’t comment on either AT&T's or Apple’s implementations. As you say, disabling IPv6 was the Quick’n’dirty answer. If network-aware folks have tests to suggest, I can use the G3 on 10.4.8 as a guinea pig.

We figured this out Friday night; my wife plans to contact AT&T (and the Apple Genius Bar) Monday. I’ll report if they have any suggestions.

I will say that my MacBook Pro (definitely off-topic) never hiccupped, and it is running OS X 10.9.5, so somewhere between 10.6.8 and 10.9.5, Apple’s implementation seems to have changed to be compatible with AT&T’s (new) implementation.