multinet 4.1 PAK

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 09:40:59 CDT 2016

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 10:33 AM, william degnan <billdegnan at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> I guess by "get the checksum of VMS", you mean find the checksum that was
>> used
>> to validate your current VMS license.  It is possible to do this (I
>> outlined
>> how to do it in an email to you a week or two ago) but this is not what
>> you
>> want to do.
>>
>> To get a MULTINET hobbyist license, you first need to get a VMS hobbyist
>> license from HP.  It is the checksum you get when you receive the VMS
>> license
>> that you use to apply for the MULTINET hobbyist license.
>>

> Understood.  thanks.  I also see that I need all of the correct parameters
> to generate the correct checksum or the software will not work correctly,
> if I now understand correctly.  I can't just stick in any old checksum, the
> program that installes the PAK asks questions like issuer, producer,
> availability, etc.

> --

One other thing to add, when I wrote down the info from the license
originally I made a little note on a scrap of paper, with the values I saw
at a point before I deleted the key originally

MULTINET
TGV
1
A-10-098-116512 (authorization?)
G (?)
H (?)
AA-10098-116512  (product token?)

I am not sure what the Hardware_ID is or if I need it, you're asked a bunch
of questions when you install the PAK.